This post is dedicated to all those who require Visa on Arrival for Thailand and who are arriving at Phuket International Airport. There is a form available to download also. But it’s not the latest one. (Still you can use that form)
Eligibility for Thailand Visa on Arrival
The VISA ON ARRIVAL allows passport holders of 19 countries and territories to enter Thailand, provided that they meet the below requirements:
- The visit is strictly for tourism purposes.
- A Passport with a minimum remaining validity of six months
- The applicant must have a confirmed return ticket to show that they are flying out of Thailand within the next 15 days of entry.
- Boarding pass of the flight of arrival
- One passport size (4 x 6 cm) photo.
- Fully filled-in Visa on Arrival application form and Arrival / Departure Card which is provided during the flight.
- Visa on Arrival fee of 1,200 Thai Baht to be paid in Thai currency only (Some say its 1000 Baht only. But we were asked to pay 1200 Baht) *Update: Starting from 27 September 2016, Thailand, by the order of Ministry of Interior No. 30 B.E. 2559 (2016) dated 1 July B.E. 2559 (2016), will increase it VoA fee from 1,000 to 2,000 THB.
- Hotel reservation / other stay address in Thailand (Never Asked. But good to have)
- It will also be necessary to prove that you have funds of at least 10,000 THB per person and 20,000 THB per family during your stay in Thailand. (Never Asked. Just in case they ask)
Visa on Arrival Procedure at Phuket International Airport.
You will be provided with a Arrival / Departure card inside the flight itself, which you should fill in first and keep ready. On arrival at the airport, follow the straight path, which lead you to an escalator leading you all the way down to the immigration place. Straight itself, you can see the VISA ON ARRIVAL sign, on top of the counters. See the below Picture
The form will be available there, which you can fill in. Alternatively, download the form from this link and fill it up in advance to save some good time, in case its rush during the time of your arrival. For us, they accepted this form. But in some cases, they can ask you to fill in the form from the counter. I didn’t find any place to take the photograph there. So carry the photographs with you itself
Submit the filled up Visa on Arrival form, together with the passport, boarding pass, filled in Arrival / Departure Card and Photograph at Counter 1, where the officer will do a preliminary check and will staple the photograph to the application form and ask you to pay the fee of 1200 Baht. You have to pay in Bhat itself. It’s advisable to give exact amount.
After that, the officer will ask you to collect the passport from the next counter. Move over to the other side, to Counter 3. Here after stamping the visa on your passport, the officer will hand over the passport to you. The whole process is very fast if there is no crowd and you will get the visa very soon.
From there, proceed to the Immigration counter, which is just straight forward from the Counter 3. After that, all set to enter and explore the amazing Phuket. The immigration officers were all very friendly and the whole process is very straight forward and stress free
Updated (as of 26 August 2016, )List of countries and territories eligible for visa on arrival is as follows:
- San Marino
- Saudi Arabia
List of Thailand’s Immigration Checkpoints which provide facilities for issuance of visa on arrival:
1. Suvarnabhumi Airport
2. Don Muang International Airport , Bangkok
3. Chiangmai International Airport , Chiangmai
4. Phuket International Airport , Phuket
5. Hatyai International Airport , Songkhla
6. U Tapao Airport , Rayong
7. Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
8. Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
9. Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint , Chiengrai
10. Betong Immigration Checkpoint , Yala
11. Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint , Songkhla
12. Samui Airport , Surat Thani
13. Sukhothai International Airport, Tak Immigration Checkpoint
14. Bangkok Harbour Immigration Checkpoint, Bangkok
15. Sri Racha Immigration Checkpoint , Chonburi
16. Mabtaput Immigration Checkpoint , Rayong
17. Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
18. Samui Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani
19. Phuket Immigration Checkpoint , Phuket
20. Satun Immigration Checkpoint , Satun
21. Krabi Immigration Checkpoint , Krabi
22. Songkhla Harbour Immigraion Checkpoint , Songkhla
23. Chiangrai Airport Immigration Checkpoint, Chiangrai
24. Surat Thani Airport Immigration Checkpoint , Surat Thani
25. Sattahip Habour Immigration Checkpoint, Chonburi
26 .Khlong Yai Immigration Checkpoint, Trat
27. Pong Nam Ron Immigration Checkpoint, Chanthaburi
28. Aranyaprathet Immigration Checkpoint, Sakaeo
29. Mukdahan Immigration Checkpoint, Mukdahan
30. Tak Immigration Checkpoint, Tak
31. Padang Besar Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
32. Su-ngai Kolok Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
33. Nong Khai Immigration Checkpoint, Nong Khai
34. Bueng Kan Immigration Checkpoint, Bueng Kan
35. Phibun Mangsahan Immigration Checkpoint, Ubon Ratchathani
36. Tha Li Immigration Checkpoint, Loei
37. Nakhon Phanom Immigration Checkpoint, Nakhon Phanom
38. Nan Immigration Checkpoint, Nan
39. Ban Prakob Immigration Checkpoint, Songkhla
40. Khuan Don Immigration Checkpoint, Satun
41. Tak Bai Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
42. Bukit Tal Immigration Checkpoint, Narathiwat
All the information above is correct at the time of writing. For any recent changes, please refer to the official Thai Embassy website itself.